Introduction

Monday, May 10, 2010

Plea to Anonymous

A week ago, COACISSW received the most exciting comment in its turbulent history:

"Anonymous said...
My dad once survived a blizzard by sheltering himself inside of the friendly elk he just killed.
May 4, 2010 12:15 PM"

Succinct, poetic, and exactly why this blog was created in the first place. I've hardly slept since. I reached out to Anonymous, asking if their father would be willing to share his experiences in more detail. There has been no response. I want to bring the issue 'above the fold', in the parlance of that lost art of print journalism, to show Anonymous how important it is to me, to all of us, that their dad share his incredible and surely harrowing story. I understand that the memories may be traumatic, particularly since it was a "friendly" elk (many elk are dicks) but for posterity, for the generations of youngsters looking for a hero from the real world, not the pages of a novel or a television screen, please, for them, tell us what it's really like to cut open an elk and crawl inside to survive a storm in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment